Unlike folic acid, it needs no enzymatic conversion within the body, and is therefore six times more bioavailable. Since it does not require conversion, supplemental 5-MTHF quickly increases both blood and cellular levels of this critical nutrient. In addition to its well-known role in supporting healthy fetal neural development, methylfolate is important in the synthesis of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter.
Methylfolate 800 mcg DFE (60 Lozenges)
- Helps support nervous system and cardiovascular health
- Helps support normal, healthy fetal neural development
- Aids in the conversion of homocysteine to Methionine
- Helps support mental focus and conentration
- Alleviates folate deficiency, which affects 70% of the population
- Active form of folate: Methylfolate (5-MTHF) is the most biologically active form of folate in the human body
- Highly bioavailable: Because it needs no enzymatic conversion within the body, it quickly increases both blood and cellular levels of folate
- Neurotransmitter support: In addition to its well-known role in supporting healthy fetal neural development, 5-MTHF is important in the synthesis of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter
Suggested use: as a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) lozenge daily, or as directed by a health care professional. Allow lozenge to dissolve in the mouth. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Health concerns: liver support